I’ve been contacted by a good few local people in recent days, who’ve asked me to raise the following questions, which I have done with the company’s HQ and Lidl UK’s regional head of property:
- Will the development provide safe and secure cycle bays for shoppers and how many cycles will they accommodate?
- Why are only 6% of car parking spaces allocated for disabled drivers?
- What will the opening hours be, and will these alter at certain times of the year?
- Will employees be incentivized to cycle or walk to work?
- Will the development make use of trees to address air and noise pollution, and to improve the aesthetics?
- Where will members of staff park their cars? Will they be using the 138 car parking spaces?
- Will the company be supporting through goods or money, local community groups and activities?
- How much money have the company agreed to pay in regards Section 106 and Community Infrastructure Levy?
- Will there be any measures to prevent non shoppers from leaving their cars there throughout the day?
- What measures are you planning to introduce to address the increase in traffic in and around the Werrington Parkway roundabout?
- Have you spoken, or agreed, with Peterborough City Council about arranging for a bus service to be able to drop people off near to the store?
- Are all the 40 new jobs full time? Contracted? And what have you done to help attract local residents to apply for these roles?
Once I have a response I will of course share them.
- To read the Council’s associated documentation on this site, simply visit here!
In the meantime, please do feel free to let me know YOUR thoughts by posting them below!