Both my colleague Cllr Julia Davidson and myself are set to have a meeting in the coming weeks with the Capital Projects and Assets Officer at Peterborough City Council, to discuss the latest state of play is regards the development.
Two of the main points to be aware of are:
- There are now plans for a new Primary School and Secondary School, which means plans for 270 affordable homes which were previously agreed for, have been scrapped.
- The Norwood Lane, that leads through to the traveller site, will be brought up to scratch.
Other points to be aware of:
- The primary school will be run by The 4C’s Academy Trust and will accommodate 420 children once full. The target date for opening is 2020.
- There will be a need to construct an access road into the site off the Newborough Road (which will eventually be adopted). The road will be completed by March 2018.
- The secondary school, will also be run by The 4C’s Trust, the number of how many forms of entry are yet to be confirmed but the minimum is 5FE and the maximum is 8FE. The target date for opening is 2020.
Some of the concerns I have:
- When the Norwood Lane road will be sorted out and what actions will be taken to reduce altogether the level of fly-tipping presently experienced at the location.
- What will be done to ensure issues of gridlock and parking do not become a major problem for local residents at drop off or collection times, once the schools are open?
- What the route of the bus service will be and where the stops will be located. Because if they do not introduce a service that will be utterly mad!
- Securing guarantees that the school facilities will be open outside of school hours to members of the public.
- How many new trees will be planted to improve the aesthetic feel of the development, and of course for filtering out the car fumes.
- How many dropped kerbs there will be?
- When exactly they MUGA will be introduced?
- Will the footpath leading to Gunthorpe Ridings and bridge over the Paston Parkway, see improvement works, making the route safer for all users.
As always, please do let me know your thoughts by posting a comment or two below!