There are now hundreds and hundreds of houses at the commonly known area of Manor Drive, and with even more planned, it was disappointing to read the latest Executive Decision from the Tory controlled City Council, which showed the planned primary school will now be open in 2022, NOT, 2018 as I was originally promised.
Whats the latest?
According to the recently published Manor Drive Schools Decision:
- Manor Drive Primary will be located adjacent to Norwood Lane and will be built to
accommodate 420 children at capacity and will open to one form of entry for reception children in September 2022.
- A 26 place nursery provision will also be built as part of the new school site.
- Manor Drive Secondary Academy will be built to accommodate 900 children (six forms of entry) and will open to four forms year 7 children in September 2022.
- 4C’s Multi Academies Trust (4C’s) will run the schools, they currently run Arthur Mellows Village College located in Glinton, Fulbridge Academy located in the city centre and Hampton Vale Primary in Hampton West.
- The Council will design and construct an access road from Newborough Road into the secondary school site and it will be completed in readiness for the school contractor to start on site in January 2021.
- A public consultation event will be held (venue to be determined) for the new school designs to be on display.
- Upon expiry of the 12 month defects liability period, the Council will enter into a 125 year lease with 4C’s Multi Academies Trust.
What does Darren think?
I think the City Council have failed local residents of this area of Peterborough for years, no bus service, terrible crossing over the Paston Parkway, a generally piss-poor footpath leading to the bridge, a back track on a convenience store, roads remaining un-adopted, speeding vehicles, I could go on!
As you will see form the properties presently for sale at this location, the fact that the prices range from £200,000 and £300,000 a house, shows in my opinion, that the priorities for the Conservative controlled City Council are, money making FIRST and residential issues second!
The harsh reality is, that things simply will not change for local taxpayers in this area, until we get a change of administration at the Town Hall.
People who vote Conservative in this area, really should take a second to think about changing this habit, come the local elections in May.
Please let me know YOUR thoughts below!